The Service Technician provides service and customer support during customer visits or dispatches. He
or she installs, repairs, and maintains pipes for carrying water, sewage, gas, and other liquids to or from
residential and commercial facilities. They also manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance, and
test tasks associated with plumbing systems, fixtures, and appliances. Service Technicians are the face of Bob Means Plumbing within the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Bob Means Plumbing in a professional manner.
- Coordinate with the office administrator on daily service activities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- Provide accurate estimates for work needed, and work within the provided estimate.
- Installation or conversion of fixtures and appliances including, but not limited to;
- Gas or electric water heaters (standard tank or tankless)
- Hydronic heat components
- Tubs and showers
- Sinks and faucets
- Appliances (stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, washer/dryer, etc.)
- Accurately report material and time for assigned service activities.
- Order materials and supplies within parameters set by our material management policies.
- Receive, inspect, and verify all deliveries.
- Assume overall responsibility for maintaining a clean, safe project site.
- Communicate with customers; Answer their questions and ensure expectations.
- Strive for zero call-back project completion.
- Communicate effectively with customers, managers, and colleagues.
- Attention to detail ensuring that all projects meet quality standards.
- Outstanding problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Autonomous/Independent; can work with little direction.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Flexible/Adaptable; able to shift direction quickly.
- Enjoys working with customers.
- Proven experience in residential and commercial service plumbing.
- Understanding of construction procedures and material management.
- Familiarity with quality, health, and safety standards.
- Familiar with the Google Business suite of applications.